You are hereBack to top
McGraw Hill Asvab, Fifth Edition (Paperback)
The essential guide for preparing for the ASVAB - updated with the latest test changes and service information
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is the required entrance exam for all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. Sponsored by the Department of Defense and administered year-round, if you're one of the nearly one million people who take it each year, you know it's an important test. The scores are used to measure aptitude for a variety of careers in the military. They are also used to determine whether or not potential military recruits qualify for enlistment, and which military jobs are best for each recruit.
McGraw Hill's ASVAB, Fifth Edition is the best guide to help you achieve complete exam readiness. Written by Janet Wall, a former key member of the Defense Department's ASVAB team and Commander's Award winner (USMEPCOM), this book includes reviews of all subjects tested and tips and strategies for answering specific question types. Four full-length sample exams modeled on the exam give you real test-taking experience, while additional support includes an answer key with explanations for every question, and the latest information about military careers, ASVAB testing, and the services.
- 4 full-length ASVAB practice tests
- The latest information on changes to the CAT-ASVAB, the computer adaptive test and information about the PiCAT (not proctored) version of the test
- Thorough review of all test subjects and topics
- Insider strategies for the AFQT, the important ASVAB subtests that determine eligibility for enlistment and job training programs
- Updated service information, including information about the new Space Program
- Updated military enlistment and jobs information
- App with additional practice tests for each ASVAB subject area